TYR Wodapalooza (also known as WZA), is a Miami-based competition that was founded in 2012. What started as a humble gathering of CrossFit aficionados has grown to become the largest and most popular Functional Fitness Festivals in the sport.
WZA consists of:
- WZA Miami: 3-day competition for qualifying athletes
- the Gauntlet: an in-person competition experience accessible to both athletes and spectators
- The MIA Classic: the largest and oldest Olympic Weightlifting USAW-sanctioned event in South Florida
- Battle Cancer: an open event in which teams of 4 athletes take on a 90-minute fitness challenge to raise money and awareness for Cancer
- Miami Fitness Festival: a chance for spectators to attend seminars, browse vendor offerings, and meet elite athletes
Thanks to its sunny venue and diverse offering of categories, Wodapalooza is an attractive event for both athletes and spectators.
Here’s what you need to know about this year’s edition:
- Elite / RX
- Adaptive RX
- Adaptive Scaled
- Masters (35-39; 40-44; 45-49: 50-54; 55-59; 60+)
- Teens (13-15; 16-18)
- Teams (MMM/FFF)
- Elite; RX; Intermediate
- Masters RX
- Masters Open
Schedule – TBA
(all times in Central European Standard Time (+1 GMT)
Thursday January 11
Friday January 12
Saturday January 13
Sunday January 14
Total prize purse allots to over half a million dollars ($567,000), of which $75,000 will be awarded to the top Male and Female athlete and $30,000 for the top Team.
Competing Athletes from The Progrm
We are looking forward to supporting our athletes who have advanced to compete in the final phase of Wodapalooza 2024. See you in Miami!
Want to see how our team of girls prepared for WZA 2023? Check out our vlog!
Individual and team athletes will participate in 6 events over the weekend. Division workouts can be found here on the official competition website.
You may also like